Thursday, June 5, 2008

Garden Update 6/5

Everything looking pretty good. I planted two of the three tomato plants that I got from Burpee in addition to the three that were already there. The third Burpee one is sitting in the planter in the top corner. I'm thinking about planting it in a separate container, outside of the main garden.

Up closer on the big yellow pear tomato and the quickly-growing beans, which are looking great. After taking these pictures I did my first round of thinning, down to one stalk where each plant is located for the beans, peas, and lettuce. All of the seedlings that I pulled up looked strong - in some cases it was a coinflip which one to keep. With less competition now, I think the plants will grow even faster and stronger now.

Last thing I did today was plant another square of lettuce. I re-planted marigolds in the same square next to the tomatoes on Monday, since the first seeds I put down never germinated.

No comments: